Monday, October 12, 2009

Tuesday’s Reflection

    My reflection today is about my job at Schnucks grocery store, and why I love working there during the month of October. I am a cashier at Schnucks and I have worked there for a little over two years. I enjoy working there, because we try to raise money for different causes through the year. My two favorite ones to raise money for are St. Jude and for breast cancer. During the month of October our store is covered in pink. We just got through a week ago putting decorations up for breast cancer awareness. I also love working in October, because we also get to wear pink shirts, instead of our uniform shirts, to work everyday. Since the guys are not to keen on wearing pink we ordered shirts that are black with a pink ribbon on them. Our store has a lot of products like "Fiber One," "Yoplait Yogurt," that give so much money to breast cancer, when some one buys their products. Everyday, I have a bought a yogurt for lunch, because we have a box that collects the pink yogurt tabs, to benefit breast cancer. So, if you buy yogurt, save the pink tabs and drop them in the box. If you shop at Schnucks make sure to buy the products that have pink labels on them, because you are helping raise money for breast cancer. We also sell pink breast cancer reusable bags that also benefit money to breast cancer, they are only a dollar. Also, right now we are selling "Pin up a Pumpkin," for St. Jude's children's research hospital. We sell them at the register and they are only a dollar. This is a great cause, because St. Jude has helped many children fight cancer. I have even known some children that have gone there. I have had a lot of people donate, just for the sake that they are happy that their children are healthy. It is a great cause, and I hope one day that they do find a cure for cancer. I am so proud that I work for a company that tries to help these organizations and help raise money for them. It is good to see that companies do not always think of themselves, and how they can earn a buck. This is why I chose to reflect on my job, because even though they are trying to earn money, they also try to give back and help others in need as well.


 

Word count 415

No comments:

Post a Comment