Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Reflection Oct. 16

    My reflection today is about my grades. I am so nervous about my grades this semester. I am trying to get into UT, so I can become a dental hygienist, but they only accept thirty four people a year. Therefore, it is very competitive. I also, just found out that if I retake a class UT will not take the better grade and instead they just average them. So, now I am really scared, because I am afraid that my grades will not be enough. I only have a 3.0 GPA, therefore I have to get a B or better in all of my classes. And I know that there is tons of people trying to get into UT. So, it is not just based on grades it is also based on who you know as well. I have tried to shadow at my dentist's office, but it is really hard to get hours between school work and my job at Schnucks. Plus, I am under pressure about my grades and if they will be good enough. I really hope I can succeed in my grades and be able to go to UT. If I do not get accepted I do not know what I will do because, even if I retake a class again to try to get a better grade it will not help that much because, they will just average it. I want to get accepted the first time, because I will feel like a failure if I do not. I am really hoping to increase my GPA over the next year to a 3.5, even know it says they accept as low as a 2.75 GPA, I need to make sure that I am the best of the best. I am stressed out, I think I just need to take a deep breath and relax, because I know that it will all work out in the end.

Word Count 321

No comments:

Post a Comment