Monday, October 26, 2009

Reflection Oct. 20

    My reflection today is about my service hours for my special education class. I have to earn only five hours of service to people with special needs. I have not decided what I might do for these hours yet. The reason I have not done it yet is because, even though I am excited, I am also very nervous to do it. I have been around people with special needs, but I have never had a whole lot of interaction with them. I am scared that I might do something wrong. But, I also know that other students might feel the same way, and that the people who direct these events understand that some of us might be nervous. With that said I feel some what reassured that everything will be okay. I know that I will enjoy working with special needs people and that I will learn a lot. I am becoming a dental hygienist, and therefore this experience will help me to understand how to deal with patients who have special needs. It is getting closer and closer to the end of the semester and I need to figure out what I might do for my volunteer hours. I keep delaying it, because of all the other school work I have and also because I work part time. I need to stop procrastinating and get it done. I really hope that these hours will be a great way to learn and get to know how to interact with people who have special needs.

Word Count 255

No comments:

Post a Comment