Monday, October 12, 2009

Reflection for Thursday Oct. 8

    My reflection today is about my boyfriend's Thursday night cruise-in, for his car club. He joined his car club about a year and a half ago, they are called, "The Memphis Chevrolet Classic Car Club." They have a cruise in, every Thursday night in the parking lot at Kirby Whitten and Stage road. At first I did not like going to it, because I did not have anyone to talk to. Most of the members of the club are older men and women, my boyfriend and I are the youngest people in the club. I enjoy going now because, after joining the club, I got to know a lot of the members and they are all very nice people. Our parents think we are weird for hanging out with people that are their ages, but I told them ounce they got to know them they will see how nice they are. I can not even explain how nice and pretty some of the cars are. Sometimes, I feel embarrassed because, my boyfriend has his 1987 Chevrolet truck next to these gorgeous classic cars. But, the members of the club are very laid back and are proud of him and his truck. I used to not care as much about classic cars, but after finding out how much time and effort it takes to put into these cars, I now appreciate them. And I never thought I would say this, but I actually get excited for the Thursday night cruise-in. It has grown so much over the past two years. So many people go now, one night we had over three hundred cars there. The restaurants around the parking lot, even give us discounts on food because, we bring so much business on Thursday nights. I just can not believe how many different types of cars there from new to old. And now more and more young people are coming up there, so there are more people of my age, to hang out with. It is exciting to talk to these people about their cars and their stories behind them. Some of the members have owned their cars since they were teenagers, I guess they were pretty smart for not selling them. I would love to own one, but I am sure I will never have the chance because, as years go on they become harder and harder to find, and therefore more expensive to buy. But it makes me think that maybe thirty or forty years from now my car might be considered a classic and maybe be worth some money one day. These cars are as pretty as the ones you see on TV at the auctions. I advise anyone to go that is in to cars, you will be blown away. But, we will only be up there for a few more weeks because, winter is coming. If you do not get a chance to go this year try to come up there next spring, it starts back up again in March.


 

Word count 504

No comments:

Post a Comment