Monday, October 5, 2009

Reflection on my speech

    I am having a hard time with my speech in my Oral Communication class; therefore I have chosen to reflect on it. It is very hard for me to get up and talk in front of people, especially people I do not even know, I am terrified. I am scared that I will forget my information and my mind will go blank when I am giving my speech. It is an informative speech, therefore it can not be persuasive, and it can basically only be facts. I am having trouble not being persuasive because, I want my audience to agree with me. I have to have what is called an attention getter at the beginning of the speech. I have no idea what I will say to grab my audience's attention and to make them interested in what I am talking about. I have gathered a lot of information and facts about my topic. I am not sure about what facts I am going to use yet, but I have some time to figure it out. I have to make it interesting to my audience so I am trying to figure out a story that relates to what I am talking about. This is hard, for me because I am not sure where I can fit my story in my speech and still get my point across, in enough time. I have made an outline on the speech, and I think I need to narrow down the information to fit the time limit. I also have to show a visual aid within my speech. I do not know how I am going to do this with out taking away from my speech. Visual aids are hard to use, because I have to find something that will stand out and that people will remember. I have a pretty good idea about what my thesis will be, but I am having trouble with my conclusion. I have to pull all my information into one sentence and say why it is important. Also, I am having a hard time because, I keep pushing it off. I keep pushing it off and procrastinating because, I have to do work and study for my other classes. Also, I am putting it off because, I dread giving speeches. But, I think I will be okay if I just create some time management and try and work on it everyday.


 

Word Count 403

No comments:

Post a Comment