Monday, October 26, 2009

Reflection Oct. 22

    My reflection today is about how people's dogs seem to reflect their owner's personalities. I was at the vet the other day and realized that the dogs in some way really represented what kind of person the owner was. The first person and dog, that I realized was like this was this big guy who seemed to work out a lot. I did not talk to the owner, but his dog was an English bulldog. They both had broad shoulders. The dog seemed like all he was thinking about was running and playing fetch, as the owner seemed like all he could think about was working out. At first I thought this assumption might have been a coincidence, but then I saw a teenage girl and her miniature poodle. The girl seemed very prissy, and very in to herself. Of course I know it is bad of me to say things like that about her because I do not know her, but this was just the impression that I got. She was all made up, as if going to the vet were a fashion show. Her dog had that kind of attitude to. The dog would not sit in the floor, it either had to sit beside her in the chair or the girl had to hold her. The dog's fur was very clean and white; it looked like the dog was rarely outside. What was crazy is that I over heard the girl talking to the receptionist and the reason they were there is so that the dog could get groomed. The girl told the receptionist that she would pick up her dog after her massage appointment. I was laughing in my head because the dog gets pampered to while the owner gets pampered as well. This is when I really started thinking that dogs are seriously like their owners. The next dog and owner I saw was and older gentle man and his dog that was a basset hound. The man looked around the age of about seventy and the dog looked pretty old as well, because he had grey fur. The two of them walked in real slowly together and they both slowly sat down. The man did not really talk to anyone and seemed to be observing the other people. The dog did the same, he did not get up to go see the other dogs, and instead he just laid there watching the other dogs bark at one another. Then I started looking at my dog and I realized that my miniature dachshund, Missy. I realized, like my self she is interested in what everyone else is doing, but sometimes just wants to be alone and not bothered. Also, she can not stand the fact that our other two dogs get attention. I was like that with my brother when I was little; I hated it when my parents paid attention to him and not me. I guess this means that the saying that a dog is a man's best friend is true, because the dogs since how their owners act and learn to act the same way.

Word Count 525

No comments:

Post a Comment