Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

    Thanksgiving, of course, is about spending time with friends and family, good food, and remembering what it is you are thankful for. I had to go to three different houses to eat Thanksgiving diner and by the third stop I swore I thought I was about to pop. The first house me and my boyfriend had to go to was my aunt and uncle's down in Mississippi. Their house is about forty-five minutes away in North Hernando. We got there about two o'clock and all of my dad's side of the family was there. All the cousins played football outside while the aunts finished preparing the food and exchanged the nieces' and nephews' Christmas list. I was starving after playing football in the backyard, so I got a huge plate of food, my boyfriend on the other hand did not eat much because he wanted to be able to eat a lot at his family's house. After we got through eating, my cousin's and I had to pull a name out of a hat. Every year we do secret Santa between the cousins and we have to buy a gift for someone under twenty dollars. I wish that just one year I could pull one of my girl cousins' names, because every year I pull a boy's name and I never know what to get them. After I found out whose name I got, my boyfriend and I had to leave to go to his uncle's house for his mom's side of the family's Thanksgiving. We got back into Memphis around 4:30, and rushed over to his uncle's house. I really did not want to eat again, because I knew we would be going to his mom's house in a little bit for dinner. Therefore, I ate a little desert because I did not get to have any at my aunt's house. Since we got there late everyone was starting to leave including his parents, because my boyfriend's mom was having Thanksgiving dinner for his dad's side of the family at seven o'clock at their house. We got to his house at about six o'clock, which meant that I had an hour to settle my stomach. So, I walked around the block twice to try and help regain my appetite. When it was time to eat dinner, I was still had not regained my appetite, so I only ate a small plate of food. After I ate, felt like my stomach was seriously about to pop, I defiantly ate too much at Thanksgiving. In my boyfriend's family, it has become somewhat of a tradition to play poker during the holidays. Therefore, we all played and even though I had no clue what I was doing, I ended up beating all of them and it was such a surprise. I won forty dollars and gave twenty of it to my boyfriend, because he was pretty upset that he lost to me. Overall I had a great time on Thanksgiving, even though I do not think I will be able to eat anything for about a day or two.

Word count 517

No comments:

Post a Comment