Monday, November 30, 2009

Black friday

    The biggest shopping day of the year is known as "Black Friday," this is the day right after Thanksgiving. Every year my aunts and my mom go shopping on "Black Friday," my mom and I usually do not go as early as my aunts. This year I told my mom I probably was not going to go this year, because every year it seems to get crazier and crazier. So while I slept in my mom went shopping. My boyfriend, Ben, his mom also went shopping on "Black Friday," as well. I woke up around ten o'clock and called my mom to see where she was. She said she had went to Toys R Us, and that it was crazy. She said that she had heard that when they opened the doors at midnight that people pulled out their tazor guns and were shocking people as they entered the door. Luckily my mom was not there, when it happened. She said that she was on her way to target and that she got my niece, her granddaughter's toys that she wanted. I figured that I would get ready and try and see if I could get some shopping done. When I finally got out, it seemed that the madness had worn down. The stores that I went to were not very busy and the lines were not that bad. I did not even attempt to go to Target or Wal-Mart because I knew that they would be packed. My mom however did go to Target and she said that the line to check out, wrapped around to the back of the store. She was in line for about thirty minutes. After that she decided she was done for the day and went home. I did not get much done either, because I really did not know what exactly I was looking for. I ended up getting some small presents for my family and some shoes for my boyfriend at Bass Pro.

    I really do not understand all the hype of Black Friday, unless a child wants some new game system or a new toy that is on sale. I would rather do my shopping in peace rather than with thousands of people around me fighting for gifts. Also, I tend to find more sales the week before Christmas, because the stores are trying to get rid of the stuff. I am not going to worry right know because I do not have a lot of my shopping done, at least not yet. If worse comes to worse I know that everyone enjoys gift cards. Therefore, I am going to focus on my finals for school and worry about Christmas shopping later.

Word Count 451

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there's enough money in the world or a toy that I would ever want to buy that could make me go shopping on Black Friday. I loathe shopping every other day of the year (except wandering through Target occasionally, but for no reason), and I can't imagine braving it that day!

    ReplyDelete