Monday, November 2, 2009

Reflection Oct. 29

My reflection today is about one of my outside events. I chose to go see Alice Randall, the author of the book "Rebel Yell," last Thursday at Davis-Kidd bookstore. The event on my English class's blog said that it was supposed to be at seven o'clock. I thought I was early when I got there, because I arrived at 6:15, but when I went in I realized that the author was already speaking. I noticed that the sign said that the event started at six o'clock. Even though I was late I still got to see the author speak for about fifteen minutes. It was a great experience, even though I can not use it for one of my literary events because I only saw the author speak for a few minutes. There were a lot of people there to see Alice Randall and also another author as well. I thought that the setting was very relaxed and casual, since the author was speaking in the middle of the bookstore. I thought that the authors should have spoke at separate times rather than at the same time, so that the people could get a chance to see both of them speak without having to go back and forth. I would like to go to another reading, not just because it would count as an event, but because I can fully experience what it is like to see an author read and speak about his or her book. I asked the cashier when they would have another author read, but he did not have the list for November yet. I plan on going back up there next week to see if they have the schedule out. Also, I hope the next reading I go to will last longer than thirty minutes, but I do understand that these authors are very busy people. But, I hope the next author I see will talk for at least an hour. Overall, I thought it was an enjoyable and nice experience and I especially liked it, because it was very relaxed and casual. I would definitely go to another reading at Davis-Kidd Bookstore.

Word Count 358

No comments:

Post a Comment