Monday, December 7, 2009

Reflection Dec. 5

    Throughout this semester I have had to do at least three blogs a week for my English class at the University of Memphis. Even though at first I dreaded it, I really started to enjoy it towards the end. These blogs some what opened my eyes to reflect on things in my life, like school, work, and relationships. Throughout my blogs I have been able to reflect on certain stories that our class was reading during the semester. My reflections on stories helped me to see that stories affect people in many different ways. The way I felt a story affected me would be completely different than how it affected other students in my class. By learning this I realize that this was the beautiful art of literature. Literature opens up people's minds to see who they truly are and what they believe in. I believe that this was on of the main things that our teacher wanted us to understand and to get out of her class.

    Every week my blogs changed subject, even though sometimes it was hard. Some weeks my blogs would just come to me and I would have no problem, doing them, but other weeks I had no idea what to write about and it was struggle to find something to write about. But, I truly felt like these blogs helped me in exercising my writing skills and also the blogs helped me reflect on things. I do not look at my blogs as being school work and a hassle, but now I look at them as being enjoyable and my time to reflect. Sometimes, my blogs would be about absolutely nothing, and other times my blogs would be very personal. I felt like these blogs were in some way a journal for me, and they helped me get my feelings out of my head. Therefore, some of my blogs were kind of like my therapy. Even though this semester is coming to an end and I am not required to do three blogs a week anymore, I will probably try and make a point to write down and reflect on things in my life at least once a week. Overall I really enjoyed my blogs and being able to express my thoughts and feelings to people.

Word Count 382

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you ended up enjoying them. I think that writing, indeed every learning pursuit, is like calisthenics. You've got to do it every day in order to keep in shape. And the more you do it, the easier it gets.

    ReplyDelete